In our free Fundamentals of Decentralized Identity course, you'll learn how Verifiable Credentials, decentralized identifiers (DIDs), and blockchain work. Once you complete the course, you will receive a certificate as a Verifiable Credential.
Learning outcomes Once you’re done with the course, you’ll be able to:
- Create a DID and issue a Verifiable Credential
- Explain what a Verifiable Credential is and what makes it verifiable
- Learn what decentralized identifiers are and how they work with Verifiable Credentials and blockchain
- Discover the two important privacy-preserving techniques employed by Verifiable Credentials
- Understand what the blockchain is and what exactly is recorded on the blockchain when you're using it for identity management
- The 3 models of Identity Management
- What are Verifiable Credentials?
- What makes a credential verifiable?
- What are Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs)?
- What is a blockchain?
- Who created the blockchain?
- Why was blockchain created?
- 3 actors in the ecosystem - Issuers, Holders and Verifiers
- Benefits of using Verifiable Credentials
- Why Verifiable Credentials are private-by-design
- In Identity Management, data goes on the Blockchain?
- How to create a Decentralized Identifier and issue a Verifiable Credential