Certificate fraud is a growing problem around the world and fake diplomas is a billion dollar industry. Certificate fraud has resulted in many people being injured or dying as a result of bad actors working as fake doctors, nurses, engineers, and other professions.
Many people have gotten away with getting jobs with fake credentials because traditional verification processes are manual, outdated, time-consuming, and expensive. Because of these problems, many organizations don’t even bother checking the authenticity of someone’s degree, license, or training, which often puts the public and workers at risk.
- Licensing organizations, online courses providers, colleges, training schools, and universities can easily and efficiently issue fraud-proof certificates to protect the value of their credentials
- Verifying organizations like employers can instantly verify credentials in seconds by simply scanning a QR code, which speeds up the verification process and saves money by using less resources and staff
- Secure exchange of data between the issuer, holder, and verifier
- Students and participants can securely store their encrypted Verifiable Credentials on their phone app
- Verifiable Credentials enable people to create a lifelong record of skills, achievements, and experiences that they can present to verifiers like employers or government departments
- They can control who they show their credentials to and revoke access from other parties anytime
Let’s say there’s an online course provider that wants to automatically issue Verifiable Credentials to their students who successfully complete courses.
- Issuer: Online course provider “ABC”
- Holder: Jane
- Verifier: Jane’s employer that is a marketing agency
- 1.Jane’s company requires her to take an advanced course on email marketing. She has a Dock Wallet to store her credentials.
- 2.The company ABC integrated Dock’s technology through the API so they can automatically issue course completion certificates as Verifiable Credentials whenever a student completes the course.
- 3.Jane successfully completes the course on email marketing and ABC sends her a Verifiable Credential that she stores in her Dock Wallet.
- 4.She shows her credential to her employer and they scan the credential with a QR code to instantly verify that the credential is legitimate.
- Issuer: Stay Safe Training Organization
- Holder: Tom, a construction worker
- Verifier: Construction company
- 1.Tom takes a Work at Height training course with Stay Safe Training Organization because this certificate is required for him to apply for the construction company.
- 2.When Tom passes the training, Stay Safe Training Organization’s instructor uses the Dock Certs platform to issue Verifiable Credentials to him and other students.
- 3.Tom stores the credential in his Dock Wallet. When he goes to the construction company’s office to drop off his resume, he presents his credentials for the company’s staff to scan. They can instantly see that his credential is authentic and issued by a training organization they trust.
Contact us for a free consultation or demo on how you can integrate Verifiable Credentials at [email protected]